Global African Diaspora Studies (GADS) Research Platform and Department of African Studies, University of Vienna have announced a call for papers to participate at the workshop on Strategies for the Promotion of African Language Literature that will be organized from May 2 to 4, 2017.
The papers looking at the following questions are especially welcome:
- What is African literature?
- Can African language literature live side by side with literature about Africa written in other languages?
- What is the impact of digital and social media on writing in African languages?
- What is the role of the diaspora in the development of African languages and how do exchanges between the diaspora and the continent affect it?
- How can scholars, both in Africa and worldwide, promote African language literature?
Please send your abstracts for a 20-minute presentation to Ms. Caroline Pajancic (email@example.com) by March 15th , 2017.
More details and tentative schedule can be found here: https://africainwords.com/2017/02/22/cfp-global-africa-month-the-ngugi-workshop-2-4-may-2017-vienna-deadline-15-march-2017/