Special issue of English Studies in Africa that will focus on African street literature is open for submissions of abstracts (max 300 words) for papers focusing on:
– formal developments in new African writing or performance poetry/drama;
– the reception and publishing of digital literature in and from Africa;
– alternative print forms (pamphlets, chap books and other ephemera);
– multi-modal literatures and/or literary adaptations; and,
– methodological questions concerning interpretation and selection of these ephemeral materials.