University of Vienna (Austria) is pleased to announce a call for papers for the 23rd International Society for African Philosophy and Studies Conference under the theme “African Philosophy in an Intercultural Perspective”, which will be held on 10-11 July 2017 at University of Vienna.
The submissions that address the following questions are especially welcome:
- What is the intercultural dimension of philosophy in Africa?
- What role does an interculturally oriented approach to philosophy play in today’s discourses in Africa?
- Where are the connecting dots between philosophy in Africa, Asia, Latin America, Arabia, and Europe/Northern America – yesterday and today?
- What is the potential of an intercultural approach to philosophy?
- Does Intercultural Philosophy provide a fair and equal opportunity at international discourse in philosophy in the sense of advancing epistemic justice in a world that seems to structurally marginalize Africa and its contributions or just a new way to colonize the mind of the Other?
The abstracts of no more than 500 words should be submitted due to 31 December 2016 to email@example.com.
For more details please visit: https://africainwords.com/2016/11/20/cfp/#more-14082